Friday, May 27, 2011

Amazing interviews

Voice-Over Voice Actor: What It's Like Behind the MicSo we recorded a couple of super amazing interviews last night for Nerdy Show. The first one was with Yuri Lowenthal, who is primarily a voice actor for dubbed anime . He's also done a bunch of stuff for other cartoons and video games, one of his most well-known gaming roles being the Prince of Persia in The Sands of Time and The Two Thrones. He even recorded a little bump for our online radio station, 8bitfm, and he used the voice of the prince. It was so cool! Here's a list of his work, and you'll probably spot some characters you recognize. He was such a nice guy! Very down to earth and fun to talk to. He and his wife actually wrote a book about voice acting, and it's supposed to be one of the best ones out there. I've dreamed of being a voice-over artist
for many years, so I decided to promptly order the book when I got home!


The second interview was one I was very, VERY excited for. It was with none other than the legendary... Rob Paulsen! If you aren't familiar with him by name, let me just list off a few of his characters: Yakko Warner (Animaniacs), Pinky (Pinky and the Brain), Raphael (TMNT), Mighty Max (Mighty Max), Antoine D'Coolette (Sonic the Hedgehog), Carl Wheezer (Jimmy Neutron), Arthur (The Tick), and like a million others. He's such an awesome guy! Super nice, very very down to earth, so humble, spoke so highly of his colleagues, thanked us repeatedly for praising him, and he was an absolute joy to have on the show. I have been a huge fan of him for my entire life, so being able to speak to him was incredible. He seems to really love his fans.

Sometime soon, we'll be conducting an interview with Steve Blum! Surely you know who he is, but if not, he did the dubbed voice for Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop), Mugen (Samurai Champloo), the voice of TOM from Toonami, and tons and tons of others. I'm looking forward to that one! Rob Paulsen said some very nice things about him.

I'll let you guys know when the voice acting episodes are up!

I need a new poll. Any ideas?

10 comments:

  1. ROB PAULSON!!!! OMGGGGGG
    Jonna I Envy you so much right now <3 <3 <3
    and Yuri Lowenthal is pretty cool too

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh i don't know any of those people, but i don't watch anime. so i don't envy you at the moment, but i still think you are pretty cool in my book :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob isn't an anime voice actor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about...
    Up or Down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jonna, do you think there is anyways You guys can Interview Kevin Conroy???
    I am a huge DC Animated Universe Fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok i don't usually watch animated shows, and i only really play fps's, so i need to learn to play ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. U r my idol Jonna !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about Food that Kai could eat
    Fruits leaves, etc
    or
    meats and dog food, etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad that the Nerdy Show is starting to get bigger! though I think I would've made him do his Yosuke voice from Persona 4 but hey that's just me. fun fact, did you guys know he voices some random soilders in CoD Black Ops? he voices a few in multiplayer too

    ReplyDelete