Monday, May 16, 2011

Nonstop action!

Wow, I've been ridiculously busy lately! Let's see if I can remember most of it (while keeping it short):

I finished Portal 2, both single player and co-op. Such an awesome game! I really loved the story, and co-op was super fun as well. I played through it with Erik, and I plan to play through it again later on with my dad.

Two weekends ago, both my parents and Erik came to visit. It was nice spending time with all of them. I got my mom and grandma roses for Mother's Day, and I also gave my dad Portal 2 to make up for him not getting a Christmas gift (and because I knew he was really excited about the game). Over that weekend, we recorded a Nerdy Show episode about Portal 2 and Chrono Trigger, and I was actually quite talkative for a change. Give it a listen here if interested! Erik had to go home early because of car trouble, so that was pretty lame.

Man, Saturday was ridiculously busy. There was an event going on at the LAN center that I didn't get to check out at all, there was a "British Invasion" event going on in town that I wanted to check out but couldn't, my friend had a birthday party that I didn't get to attend, and there was an art show at my store. I entered a piece into the art contest at the show, and I won, but it wasn't much of an achievement, since only one other person entered. :P My prize was an art print from one of the artists, and $30 store credit for my store. I know you've all seen this already, but I touched it up a little bit to make a print:
I actually made a few extra prints for the heck of it. They're 11''x17'', so if anyone's interested in buying one, lemme know! They're cheap.

I have a couple of bargains to report. One of them is Mortal Kombat for PS3. I got a super deal on it! I was planning to get it from Toys R Us when they had the game for $30, but they were all sold out when I went to get it. I tried to get Best Buy to match their sale, but they'd only match it down to $40. The thing is, they had one last copy with the limited edition classic Sub-Zero costume DLC inside. I decided to buy the game, and then I sold the DLC card on ebay for over 20 bucks! The game ended up being less than $20 for me, so I'm quite pleased.

The other bargain is a futon I got on craigslist. It was originally $400, and the person sold it to me for $75! I moved my entire room around to fit it in there, and I'm super happy with the layout now. I feel a lot happier in my room! Having a couch is awesome.

I'm currently in the Disney area! I just met up with my friends today, and we're in a resort now. We're going to spend the next several days having an awesome time in the parks. I got the whole week off from work, so I'm pretty much just going to take a break from life. I'll try to record some fun videos while I'm there.

More of you need to eat sushi. New poll time!

That's all for now! Have a lovely week, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Your dad seems and looks like the coolest guy ever.

    Have fun at disneyworld... again! My friend just went to disneyland but she didn't have an amazing time because of the other kids in her group from school, so she just had a good time.

    I eat sushi somewhat regularly, and since my text message notification is a Captain Falcon, "YESZ!!!" I put yes.

    ReplyDelete