Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Disneeeeyyyy

Wow, I've spent a lot of time at Disney lately! I was there for 5 days in a row, then went home for a couple days, then went back yesterday afternoon and came home this morning. I was there with Mike and Sarah and their friend Ben, and I had a blast! I wanted to make a video montage of everything, but there's some retarded problem with youtube right now that doesn't allow me to upload edited videos. For now, I can only upload the raw files. I'm going to upload a clip every day or two for the next several days. As of now, I uploaded two already.

We went to all of the parks several times each. I did a couple things I had never done before, including Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom (which was very fun, wish I hadn't wimped out in the past) and the "Lights, Motors, Action!" stunt show at Hollywood Studios, which was quite cool. Oh, I also got to see the closing show at Hollywood Studios, Fantasmic! I loved it.

Oh yeah, there's one other new thing I did. Star Tours 2! It just had its grand opening on Friday, and we actually got to ride it a couple days before it opened! They were doing unannounced sneak previews of the ride, and we just happened to be walking by the ride right as they opened it up for one of those. Sarah and I had just bought some Mickey ice cream bars, and we had to swallow them down super quickly to catch up with the boys, who ran into the line screaming when they noticed it was open. They do a special thing on the ride where they take a photo of someone in the group, and then that photo is shown on the screen at one point, revealing that the person is in fact a rebel spy! When we rode it again last night, I got chosen to be the spy! The people in our group were getting really into it, so it was awesome.

Since Star Tours 2 had it's grand opening, they had a Star Wars weekend at the park. It was like a sci-fi convention taking place at the park! There were people in Star Wars costumes, tons of people in Star Wars shirts, and they even had some stars from the movies and shows there. In fact, Anthony Daniels (the actor who plays C-3PO) was there, and we got to see him when we were coming in! I took a quick video of him, and I'll upload it in a few days.

In addition to being chosen as the spy, I was also chosen for something else. In the Laugh Floor attraction at Magic Kingdom, guests are invited to text in jokes, which will be possibly used in the show. They ended up using mine! I recorded that, so I'll upload that clip in a few days as well. A Disney employee tried to make me put my camera away right as they were saying my joke! Graaah.

Last night, I ate at one of the most amazing Disney restaurants: Ohana. It's an all-you-can-eat Polynesian place, and they bring you different kinds of meat on skewers, which they then remove from the skewers and put it on your plate. Oh man, and they had some delicious bread pudding as well. It was to die for. I got so full that I was rolling around the parks for the rest of the night.

Now it's time for photo spam! I have some other photos that I'll upload later, but here are most of them. I'll keep the thumbnails small so this post isn't enormous, so just click on them to see the full size.


Chillin' with my homeboys
So awesome.
Power Rangers movie suits!

Best friends
Pee-Wee Herman! I love him.
Obligatory castle shot
A flattering photo of me at Ohana

5 comments:

  1. we have a thing like ohanas in houston, its called fogo de chao its a Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse, i've never been though, i heard it is good, also you go to disney too much :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's impossible to go to Disney too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when r u going to put up the kai cam i miss kai already :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. fine! but be warned of the eater of worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll put the Kai cam back up soon!

    ReplyDelete